1. General scope
These Terms and Conditions regulate the use of the services offered on the Little piece of Portugal website, a brand belonging to the company Happy Van, Unipessoal, Lda, NIPC: 514502088, with the mailing address of: Urbanização Jardins da Bemposta, Lote 111, 1º Dto 8500-449 Portimão, through the website https://littlepieceofportugal.pt, for registered Sellers.
This platform is a “Marketplace” which allows several independent artisans, identified here as Seller(s) to have an online Store of their products under the terms and conditions to be defined in this document. Buyers will have access to this website and will be able to purchase any item from any of the registered Sellers.
2. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
The reading and acceptance of these terms are mandatory for the registration and use of the services offered by the Little piece of Portugal Marketplace to Sellers.
If the Seller does not agree with the terms, he will not be able to use the services offered by Little piece of Portugal.
The Seller who intends to use the services of Little piece of Portugal, must accept the Terms of Sale of the site and all other policies and principles that govern it.
These terms and conditions can be modified at any time. Whenever substantial changes are made, registered Sellers will be notified and a further reading and acceptance of the terms and conditions will be requested.
Little piece of Portugal will only use your personal data for the identified purposes and in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation. The confidentiality and total integrity of your data is a constant concern for us.
Vendors give Little piece of Portugal their express consent for free and irrevocable assignment of the right to use all of their images uploaded on this site for the purposes of Marketing and Advertising;
4. Object of the Service
The services covered by these Terms of Sale consist of offering and hosting spaces on the https://littlepieceofportugal.pt website for Sellers to advertise and sell their own products in their own store, under the terms described here.
Little piece of Portugal will maintain an updated version of these Terms of Sale on its website.
5. Description of the Service
Little piece of Portugal is a platform for the dissemination and sale of handicraft products produced in Portugal. The registered Seller may disclose and sell to the Buyer (visitor or account user) its products through its online store on the Little piece of Portugal website, provided that they are products produced by it, by a team directly supervised by it or by a company, co-operative or association of which the Seller is a part or representative.
It is not the responsibility of Little piece of Portugal to assess whether each Seller complies with its tax or contributory obligations, nor to verify the legality of its business with the tax authorities, so this is an obligation of each Seller to the Portuguese State.
A Little piece of Portugal:
– Publishes information in order to provide the best service to Buyers and Sellers, and update that information permanently.
– However, declines any responsibility for any technical inaccuracies and/or typographical errors that may arise.
– It also reserves the right to make corrections and changes to the website without prior notice.
– Will undertake and control advertising on its own company social media platforms on an ad hoc basis determined by us. We reserve the right to decide the type of advertising, that being, individual products from Sellers or our own website details. Due to the amount of Sellers on our website, Sellers may not see their products on a regular basis however we endeavour to highlight our website and direct traffic to that platform.
– Reserves the right to publish on the Home page of its website, at random, the new products that have been included in the sales catalog, such as placing in a tab of Top Selling Products, those products that have had more sales on the site, as well as include a tab with the products and sellers with better ratings.
– Will also be able to randomly choose products to suggest on the product pages, checkout and payment of orders, for the purpose of cross-selling and up-selling.
– Does not guarantee that all information published on the website is in compliance with the legislation in force in the jurisdiction of the Buyer, except in the territory of Portugal.
– Informs that the site is protected according to international internet standards, so that, if used correctly, the Buyer and the Seller can be sure of not finding viruses or other malicious programs.
– However, declines any responsibility for any problems, damages, viruses or risks that the Buyer and the Seller may incur during the misuse of the website, as well as any possible deficient uses of the website.
For all stages of accessing the site, from the order process, to delivery or subsequent services, Little piece of Portugal only has an obligation of means. Little piece of Portugal excludes all warranty and any liability for any inconvenience or damage inherent in the use of the Internet network, in particular, a service disruption, an external intrusion or the presence of computer viruses, or any case of force majeure as well classified by the jurisprudence of the courts, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
The personal data of the users – Sellers and Buyers of the site are processed by computer, intended for communication and information sharing between the parties, for shipments corresponding to orders, respective administrative support, and statistical purposes. Personal data collected from the site may be communicated to third parties of recognized repute for direct marketing purposes. The holder is guaranteed the right of access, rectification, alteration or deletion of his personal data, to do so, just contact us indicating his name, surname, address and customer number:
– by Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Little piece of Portugal the Seller is not allowed to:
- Carry out the resale of products or services;
- Carry out the sale of imported products;
- Carry out the sale of industrialised products;
- The disclosure of products that infringe the right of registered trademarks (eg use of trademarks, trade names, symbols, logos, characters, football clubs, artists, etc.);
- The use of photographs, images, illustrations or texts by third parties or copied from the Internet, even if they are from anonymous sources and/or partially used (subject to analysis by the Little piece of Portugal team);
- Advertise products that have their marketing prohibited and/or controlled in Portuguese territory, such as:
– Firearms, lethal weapons or similar, gunpowder or explosive material, narcotics, toxics and any kind of illegal drugs;
– Medicines, any type of drugs or products to which therapeutic effects of any nature are attributed;
– Stolen or stolen products;
– Human and/or animal organs, in whole or in part;
– Counterfeit coins and banknotes:
– Smuggled, counterfeit or adulterated products, as well as a copy or replica of products registered by third parties;
– Mailing lists or personal databases;
– Products related to prostitution or similar, pornographic material, obscene or contrary to morals and good customs;
– Cigarettes and other tobacco products,
– Active devices, electro-stimulators, devices and products for use in physical education, beautification and aesthetic correction, which are not properly registered and approved by DGS and other regulatory bodies;
– Products that promote violence and/or discrimination based on issues of race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or any other type, or
– Drinks in general and food products that are not properly certified in the country and at the different shipping destinations by the competent authorities for this purpose. In the case of authorized food and beverage sales, the Seller must inform the Buyer of their validity. It is the responsibility of the Buyer and the Seller to ensure adequate refrigeration during transport and receipt and to check the quality of the products before consumption. Little Piece of Portugal is not responsible for any damaged or unfit products.
Sellers and Buyers may also not use the site to:
Instigate, threaten, offend, affect the image, defame, violate privacy or harm other users and Little piece of Portugal;
– Change and/or copy files or obtain passwords and data from third parties without prior authorisation;
– Disrespecting the law, morals, good customs, norms of copyright and/or industrial property rights, the rights to honour, private life, image, personal and family intimacy; or
– Inciting the practice of discriminatory acts, whether due to sex, race, religion, beliefs, age or any other condition.
– Use misleading advertisements that may mislead the Buyer;
– Disclose contact details of the Seller or the Buyer through the pages of the store or products;
6. Accommodation and Service Management for the Seller – STORE
In the Store on the Little piece of Portugal website, the Seller may:
a) Upload and manage the six Media files in the Media Library;
b) Upload and manage your Products;
c) Manage your Orders;
d) Manage your Payments;
e) Upload and Manage your Discount Coupons;
f) Have access to its Customers;
g) Have access to your Ledger (Accounting);
h) Have access to your Assessments;
i) Access your store’s activity reports;
j) Have access to your store’s General Settings.
a) Media Library
Here, the “Media” files relating to Products for Sale, Store Logo, Store Banner and Artisan Photography, among others, are uploaded and managed. This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
The Seller agrees to publish only photos, videos and texts produced by himself. The Seller declares that he is the author or has the copyright of all material that he publishes in Little piece of Portugal. The Seller agrees not to use trademark names other than his/hers.
The Seller authorises the images and published content to be displayed or shared publicly on Little Piece of Portugal and on social networks.
Here the Seller must add simple or variable products, choose the title of the product, and its normal or discounted price, leave a brief description and a more detailed description of it, indicate sizes and weights, upload images and choose categories and labels.
In defining the price of the products (The Seller chooses a resale price so that we can apply our margin and defray all administrative costs, website, taxes and commissions). From the base price defined by the Seller, Little piece of Portugal, will define the retail price (PVP).
Important: After online registration, and in order to make it easier for the Seller to insert products and set prices, a Google form as an attachment is sent to him/her, where he/she can, among other things, enter the sales value of their product and check the final PVP of it. It is this price of PVP that will be attached to the product when it is being loaded in the back office of the Seller’s store.
This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal, who reserves the right to make changes to the responses sent, to improve the store’s SEO, for the correct definition of prices and other product assignments.
The Seller agrees to share these products on the social networks managed by Little piece of Portugal and the company Happy Van, Unipessoal, Lda.
Here, the Seller will be able to manage his orders within the deadlines he/she pre-stipulated for processing them in the General Settings> Shipping menu. Whenever an order is completed, you must give completion instructions for your order to be considered.
You must also give indications of the shipment of the order, when it is made, so that the Buyer has this information.
You can also cancel the same order by giving the Buyer an indication of the reasons for the cancellation and authorising the return of the amounts paid by the Buyer.
Here, the user can consult and manage their payments.
e) Discount Coupons
Here, the user can create, consult and manage their discount coupons.
Note: The discount amount attributed by a seller will not influence the amount to be received by Little piece of Portugal which will be calculated by the base value of the product.
This area provides access to consultation and management of the Seller’s store’s customers and their orders.
g) General Ledger (Accounting)
This function allows the Seller to manage his/her store’s online business from earnings, withdrawals, refunds …
Here, the Seller will have access to the management of the product evaluations left by his customers.
Analytical reports, such as sales, administration fees, taxes, refunds, orders, items sold, shipping costs, can be consulted here.
j) General Settings
This is one of the most important areas for setting up the online store.
– Store: Define the store name, the store’s “Slug”, email, phone, load the logo and banner, describe the store and work on the store’s visibility settings. This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
– Location: Set the location of your store and mark it on the map.
– Payment Methods:
The default payment method is Stripe.
There are two ways to open a Stripe account connected to this platform:
– Stripe Standard account, without associated costs, and whose management is the responsibility of the vendor. This is the link:
– Stripe Express account, with some more features, such as scheduled payments, but with associated costs. This is the link:
The seller must follow the instructions and complete the requested data.
Stripe account conditions can be found at the following link: https://stripe.com/en-pt/connect/pricing
Notes: The payment made by Stripe split pay will be made to the Vendor for the amount he has defined for his product plus shipping costs. The remainder, less the respective expenses, will be paid to Little piece of Portugal. Payments for Stripe accounts are made between 7 and 14 days. During the first 60 days Stripe retains 25% of the payment amount, as a preventive measure. Important: Withdrawals of amounts paid by Buyers with associated Stripe Express accounts may be made every 15 days, on Mondays. To withdraw an amount paid, the Vendor must have to mark, as previously mentioned, the orders as completed. If the vendor chooses to open a Standard account, he must manage his payments through that account.
– Dispatching your products:
– Choose the range of days for order processing.
– Choose the type of dispatch you want. One type of shipment is defined by weight and destination but you can choose another and make the changes that suit you. Also define the countries or zones you want to ship to, and their prices. Allow some time for this function, as it can be determined in the purchase process.
This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
Notes: The Shipping Costs are borne by the Seller, who will receive them in return when collecting the payment made by the Buyer (according to the Shipping costs pre-stipulated by Little piece of Portugal). If you alter the pre-defined shipping table, the receipt or not of these costs will be the Seller’s entire responsibility.
Invoice: The shipment of each order must be accompanied by an invoice/receipt from the Seller for the total amount of the purchase, which includes the shipping costs.
– SEO settings: These are very important for search engines to find your store. Be practical, clear and concise in these descriptions. This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
– Store Policies: Shipping, Refund, Cancellation, Return and Exchange Policies. These are pre-defined by default by Little piece of Portugal and are described below in this document. Although we do not advise, you can change them according to your needs. This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
– Store Support: Enter your contact details so that Buyers can easily contact you. Email is essential. This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
– Store Opening Hours: Here you can place the opening and closing hours of your store, as well as define your vacation periods.
– Minimum order amount: We advise it to be equal to or higher than 5€. This data is subject to review by Little piece of Portugal.
7. Membership Plans
When registering on the Little piece of Portugal website, the Seller automatically joins a subscription plan for the service.
The current subscription plan is the Free Membership Plan.
This plan has the following specifications:
– Free membership for 12 months;
– Free Online Store including up to 12 products;
– Free Content Review and Translation;
– Free Marketing and Advertising;
– Free Customer Support via email email@example.com;
– Possibility to manage the attributes defined in point 6. Accommodation and Service Management – STORE.
After 12 months the plan is renewed to the Standard Member Plan.
This plan has the following specifications:
– Membership plan for 6 months, automatically renewable for equal periods;
– Online store with the possibility of including up to 12 products;
– The minimum of products in the store is 6;
– For each product inserted in the store there is a monthly cost of € 0.30;
– Free Content Review and Translation;
– Free Marketing and Advertising;
– Free Customer Support via email firstname.lastname@example.org;
– Possibility to manage the attributes defined in point 6. Accommodation and Service Management – STORE.
8. Sales Policy
a) General Definitions
These conditions regulate all the steps necessary to place the order and guarantee the follow-up of this transaction between the contracting parties.
Seller: Responsible for a specific online store which sells its products.
Buyer: Person who purchases on the website: https://littlepieceofportugal.pt.
Little piece of Portugal: Responsible for the website https://littlepieceofportugal.pt
The Seller agrees to be responsible for its own use of the service, for any purchases, sales or shipments it makes and for any consequences thereof. Any purchase or sale made on the website is the responsibility of the respective Buyers and Sellers. Little piece of Portugal cannot be held responsible for losses arising from delays, non-payment, non-delivery of products or any other loss generated by Sellers or Buyers who use our service.
Little piece of Portugal does not subscribe, support, represent, or guarantee the suitability, accuracy or reliability of the content shared through this service, let alone subscribe to any opinions expressed through it. The Seller recognises and accepts any risks by relying on shared material through this service.
b) Description of Products
All products presented on the website are described by their Sellers in the strictest possible way in their Online store.
Buyers should read the description of the items as carefully as possible and, if they have any questions, they should contact the Sellers through the available contacts.
Due to the type of computer used, coloor settings, internet browser or others, the colours shown in the photographs on the website may differ from the actual colours.
Neither Sellers nor Little piece of Portugal can be held responsible for such differences.
c) Prices of Products
All prices are shown in EUR €
The prices of the products will, during the placing of an order and respective confirmation, be valid throughout this specific process.
The exchange rate used by the credit card company may not be exactly the same as that presented at the time of purchase.
The price shown for each product does not include shipping costs, but includes the VAT rate in force in Portugal for the respective Seller applicable on the day of the order. Any modification to the applicable type of VAT will be reflected in the prices of the products. After this date, prices can be modified at any time.
Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Little piece of Portugal declines any responsibility for any errors published on the website and in the Sellers’ stores. In the treatment of your order, any and all price errors that may be presented on the site due to technical anomalies will be detected. In this situation the Buyer is contacted. If the price of the product presented on the website is actually lower, the difference is returned. If the price is higher, the Buyer will be contacted and will be able to accept or cancel the order.
d) Payment Methods
All transactions are encrypted and 100% secure.
The accepted payment method is made via Stripe.
Stripe accepts the following credit and debit cards:
• American Express;
• Discover Network;
• Diners Club;
• China Union Pay;
• Bancaires cards.
When placing an order, the value of the order will be debited from the Buyer’s card account in favour of the Seller and Little piece of Portugal.
All transactions will be forwarded to a protected online banking system, provided by Stripe, which accepts payments from the cards described above and does not store any card numbers or any type of information related to the act of payment.
e) Product Orders
– Ordering Process
When placing an order the Buyer:
• You declare that you are at least eighteen (18) years old and/or are of legal age in the jurisdiction of your residence, and that you have the legal right to use your own means of payment;
• You will not make fraudulent use of the website, contrary to the law or good customs;
• Accepts that Portuguese law will regulate any conflict with the consumer, without prejudice to the contrary provision, community directive or international treaty.
– Completion of Orders
Any and all orders that originate from the Little piece of Portugal website, must be completed through the website, and the Seller is not allowed to redirect the Buyer to other sales locations, namely:
- Little Piece of Portugal allows communication between Buyer and Seller, either through questionnaires about the products it has available, or by making the Seller’s email available on its store page. All messages sent and answered by the platform will be stored in the site administration back-office. The registration of these communications via Little Piece of Portugal serves to maintain a complete history of the questions posed within the platform and also to determine violations of the Sales Policies based on the messages exchanged.
- The disclosure of information through Little Piece of Portugal must occur as follows: The following communication practices in the store (products, messages or any page hosted by Little Piece of Portugal listed below are prohibited:
- Disclosure of domains and virtual stores of the seller other than the address of his store in Little Piece of Portugal;
- Dissemination of personal blogs;
- Disclosure of business, personal or physical store addresses,
- Disclosure of the personal / store phone / cell phone.
- Disclosure of social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, etc.);
- Disclosure of bank details from Seller to Buyer.
- Information on prices, discounts and coupons, other than those existing in the online store of this platform,
- Information to the Buyer who can choose to make the payment by a certain payment method other than that stipulated in the online store of this platform.
To finalise their order, the Buyer must provide personal data, such as his/her name, company name (optional), country, full address, telephone number, and e-mail address, among others. For this, the Buyer must complete all mandatory fields on the order slip for this purpose.
When placing an order, the Buyer expresses their full and complete acceptance of the general conditions of sale, prices and description of the products contemplated in this transaction. These general terms and conditions of sale will be those applicable by default between the parties. If store policies differ from those which exist by default in this document, these are the ones that should be taken into account.
Any dispute on this last point will be resolved through an exchange of information and with the guarantees mentioned below.
– Product Unavailability
The Sellers reserve the right to inform the Buyer, during the 72 hours after receiving the order, of the unavailability of any product ordered.
After informing the Buyer of this unavailability, the contract is considered automatically terminated with regard to the unavailable product, being assured to the Buyer that it will not incur any costs due to the cancellation of the order regarding the unavailable product, being cancelled, in due proportion, the amount shown on the Buyer’s card statement.
The contract will remain in effect and will produce its normal effects as regards the other items eventually ordered, unless otherwise specified by the Buyer.
The refund process for the amounts paid by the Buyer will take place within a maximum period of 30 (thirty) days from the date of knowledge of this unavailability.
f) Shipment of Orders
Sellers must ship orders within the period previously stipulated for that purpose, by registered CCT mail, or other registered mail.
The Shipping Costs are borne by the Seller, who will receive them in return when collecting the payment made by the Buyer (according to the Shipping costs pre-stipulated by Little piece of Portugal). If the Seller changes the pre-defined shipping table, the receipt or not of these costs will be your responsibility.
Invoice: The shipment of each order must be accompanied by an invoice/receipt from the Seller for the total amount of the purchase, which includes the shipping costs and the Little piece of Portugal margin.
g) Delivery of Orders
Orders sent by registered CTT mail will be delivered to the Buyer’s home. If the Buyer is not at the address specified in the purchase process, a postcard is left with which you must collect your order from your local CTT.
Special transport of large items:
Bulky items, due to their size and/or weight, must be delivered to your home (applicable only to the mainland of Portugal). If the landline or mobile phone number is part of the Buyer’s data, the carrier may contact you to arrange the most convenient time and date of delivery (only in the Mainland). IMPORTANT: Home delivery cannot be made in PO Boxes.
Delivery to any other address:
To deliver to another address, the Buyer simply indicates the desired address in the corresponding fields on the online order slip.
The Buyer benefits from a period of 14 (fourteen) days from the date of receipt of the order to return the ordered items if they do not fully meet their expectations. If there is a lack of conformity, the Buyer may return the items and may choose to replace or terminate the contract, under the applicable legal terms.
The Buyer will be able to track the status of the order online in his customer area.
h) Payment to the Seller to the value of sales transactions made on the Site
The payment made by Stripe split pay will be made to the Seller for the amount you have defined for your product plus shipping costs. The remainder, less the respective expenses, will be paid to Little piece of Portugal. Stripe payments are made between 7 and 14 days. On the first 60 days Stripe retains 25% of the payment amount as a preventive measure.
If the Vendor has a Stripe Express account, withdrawals of the amounts paid by the Buyers may be made every 15 days, on Mondays. To withdraw an amount paid, the Vendor will have to mark, as previously mentioned, the orders as completed.
If the Vendor has a Stripe Standard account, he must manage the withdrawals on the Stripe platform.
The amount to be received by Little piece of Portugal will always be calculated at the base value of the product. If the Seller makes available any Discount Coupons, or sells a product at a discounted price, this discount will influence the final amount that the Seller will receive for it.
9. Delivery Policy
This is the general delivery policy for Little piece of Portugal. However, each Seller may define a different policy for their store, which should be consulted on the online store page of each of the Sellers under the “Policies” tab.
a) Shipping costs
Shipping costs for the ordered items include the cost of packaging and postage, and will be calculated and added to the order value in the process of completing the order.
Shipping costs do not include any import fees that may be charged on entry to the Buyer’s country of destination.
b) Maximum weight per order
The maximum shipping weight per order for each Seller is: 9.7 kg.
c) Delivery Times
Products are sent by CTT (Registered Mail or Base Order), or by other shipping company within the period stipulated by the Vendor. Delivery times may be slightly longer due to any public holidays. With the exception of these exceptions, normal delivery times will be:
• Portugal – Continente: 3 to 5 working days
• Portugal – Madeira: 5 working days
• Portugal – Açores: 7 to 15 working days
• Europe: 5 to 8 working days
• USA: 8 to 10 working days
• Rest of the world: 8 to 10 working days
d) Customs Duties and Charges
For all shipments to European Union countries, prices include VAT at the legal rate in force in Portugal, under the terms applicable to each Seller.
It is not possible to foresee any costs with Customs Duties and/or Taxes for non-EU countries (outside the EU).
If orders are subject to any additional charges, they will be charged directly by the customs of the country of destination to the customer. Please contact your local customs services for more information.
e) Important Information
All orders require a signature upon delivery.
The Buyer will not be able to change the delivery address for orders, once they have been dispatched.
The delivery times indicated above are purely indicative, and do not take into account any delays caused by problems with payment authorisations or customs clearance in the country of destination.
f) Expeditions and Collections
During the registration/payment process on the https://littlepieceofportugal.pt website, the Buyer must provide his personal address details.
Orders will be delivered to the address defined as the Buyer’s address. If the Buyer would like the order to be sent to an alternative address, that address must be indicated at the time of order completion.
g) Successful Shipment Delivery
The Buyer is requested to carefully inspect the order/packaging upon delivery of all shipments BEFORE signing the delivery document.
If, for some reason, the packaging appears to have been tampered with, please sign the delivery document with reservations, or refuse delivery.
If you accept delivery of the order with reservations, or if you refuse it, please make a complaint to the Carrier immediately and contact us.
If, for any reason, the order cannot be delivered to the address provided by the Buyer at the time of purchase, there is a risk that it will be returned to us. These costs will be deducted from the refund to Buyer.
If the order is not successfully delivered to the Buyer’s address, due to any incorrect information supplied (incorrect phone number, incorrect or incomplete address, non-compliance with import regulations, etc.), there may be a risk that the order will be returned to the Seller. If this occurs, any and all import fees that may be charged at the time of re-entry into Portugal, will be deducted from any eventual refund.
h) Undelivered orders
Shipping costs will not be refunded in the case of non-delivered orders.
The costs of returning undelivered orders may also be subject to additional charges with taxes and costs or charges levied by customs or other entities that will in no case be refunded by the Seller.
The Seller insures each order during the transit period, until delivery to the Buyer.
All orders require a signature upon delivery, at which point the responsibility passes to the Buyer.
If the Buyer designates a recipient other than himself, for delivery purposes, then he accepts evidence of a signature as proof of delivery and fulfillment by the Seller and the corresponding transfer of responsibility in the same way.
j) Tax Fee (Extra-Community Payments)
All prices shown include VAT at the legal rate in force in Portugal.
For all non-EU countries in Europe and the rest of the world, customs fees may apply.
These costs will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
If these costs are not paid by the Buyer and the order has to be returned to the Seller, the cost of the return will be taken from the payment made.
10. Refund Policy
This is Little Piece of Portugal’s general refund policy. However, each Seller may define a different policy for their store, which should be consulted on the online store page of each of the Sellers under the “Policies” tab.
To be entitled to a refund, the Buyer must return the products to the Seller within 14 calendar days after delivery. Products must be in the same condition in which you received them and not damaged in any way, and must be sent in the original packaging.
When the Seller receives the returned item(s), they will be inspected to process the refund. The Seller will issue a refund using the original payment method used during the purchase, less any replacement fees. Replacement fees must be at least 15% of the purchase price of the returned products, including any shipping costs, any customs duties, taxes or additional charges that the Buyer may have had. The original shipping charges for purchased products will not be refunded to the Buyer on any returned products.
For credit card payments, it may take 5 to 10 business days for the refund to appear on your credit card statement.
If the products are damaged in any way or the return has been made more than 14 calendar days after delivery, the Buyer will not be entitled to a refund.
If something is not clear, or if you have more questions, please contact us.
11. Returns Policy
This is the general returns policy of Little piece of Portugal. However, each Seller may define a different policy for their store, which should be consulted on the online store page of each of the Sellers under the “Policies” tab.
After payment has been made, no cancellation will be accepted.
All Buyers have the right to return.
In accordance with article 6 of Decree-Law no. 143/2001, of 26 April, the Purchaser has 14 days to terminate the contract without payment of indemnity, which is counted from the day receipt of the order by the Buyer.
If, for any reason, the Buyer is not satisfied with an order, the item may be returned within 14 days for exchange or refund.
All shipping costs will be paid by the Buyer.
Note: Since these are handcrafted products, there may be variations in dimensions, weight, tone and texture, among others, so the return will not be accepted due to these characteristics. The weight of the products does not include those of their packaging.
c) Return Instructions
If the Buyer is not satisfied with other aspects of the products received, he/she may contact the Seller by email within 14 days from the date of delivery, and indicate the ORDER No., PRODUCT CODE and REASON FOR RETURN .
• Any customs duties, taxes or additional charges that the Buyer may have will not be refunded by the Seller.
• In case of return of all or part of the order, the Seller will reverse the amount paid by the Buyer (excluding shipping costs).
The products must be in the same condition as the Buyer received them, without any damage, and must be sent in the original packaging.
If the Buyer purchases products that are or have become defective through no fault of their own, he/she may be entitled to a refund, replacement or repair of the same. Contact the Seller to jointly define the next steps and replacement options.
As with returns, all Customs Duties, taxes or additional costs that the Buyer may incur will not be refunded by the Seller in the event of an exchange of items.
e) Lost or stolen shipment
Products are sent by registered CTT mail. However, if the products do not arrive or if you suspect that they have been lost or stolen, please contact us.
b) What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files recorded on your device when you access the websites.
These allow the storage of a set of information related to Visitors / Account Users / Buyers and Sellers, where some are used to recognise them in future visits to our site, and others are used to guarantee the features available and improve performance and the experience of Visitors / Account Users / Buyers and Seller on the website.
The type of information that can be analyzed using cookies is as follows: name of Visitors / Account Users / Buyers, email address and password, the internet protocol (IP) address that is used to connect to the internet, the type and version of the browser, the operating system and the platform used for the connection, the web addresses (URLs) from which or through which you have accessed and left our online services, and the date and time of said activity , among others.
Website cookies can be disabled or managed at any time. To find out how to do this, access the “Help” area of your browser.
Attention: it is important to realize that some areas of the website may not function properly after deactivating cookies.
c) What is the purpose of cookies?
Thus, they allow you to eliminate some repetitive actions on the site, as well as assist in the presentation of information, to go as far as possible to meet your interests.
d) Types of Cookies Used
Cookies are segmented according to their purpose and expiration date.
Essential cookies are fundamental elements of access to certain areas of the website, such as access to secure areas of the website through login and password. By disabling cookies, the same services may not be consulted.
Functionality cookies remember the browsing preferences of the Visitor / Account User / Buyer and Seller.
Analytical cookies allow the memorisation of the way a particular website is navigated, with the purpose of presenting products or services that meet the needs of Visitors / Account Users / Buyers, by monitoring the website. Examples are those that store the most visited pages, the time on each page, products or services searched, etc. These cookies store statistical information.
13. Links to third party pages and services
Little Piece of Portugal may provide links to third party pages on its website and products. These sites may not be owned or operated or controlled by Happy Van and, for this reason, Happy Van is not responsible for their content. The use of these links is at your own risk.
Little piece of Portugal may discontinue the website at any time without notice.
15. Children under 16
Our websites or applications are not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We request that minors under the age of 16 do not provide Little piece of Portugal with personal information through any website, product or application. If we find that we collect personal information from a child under 16, we will take the necessary steps to delete the information as soon as possible. For any additional information you should contact Little piece of Portugal via email: email@example.com.
16. Applicable Law
These Terms of Sale are governed and prepared in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable internal legislation.
In the absence of resolution by agreement of the parties, any dispute arising from these Terms of Sale will be submitted to the competent Portuguese court of the Portimão district, waiving any other.